"VMware is making it easier to support the mobile workforce by introducing the general availability of VMware Horizon Workspace™ 1.5, which offers a highly integrated mobile management platform. This release simplifies the experience for both the end user and the IT administrator who must support the mobile worker. Adding to the single, aggregated workspace that combines data, applications and desktops are features such as:
- A single integrated management interface to support Android devices alongside all other components of the workspace with the integration of VMware Horizon Mobile™
- Support for mobile applications to allow admins to entitle and manage applications
- Policy management engine to consolidate, model, and rationalize policies across all components
- Support for the Oracle database
- Revised iOS applications – files and applications in two separate applications
- Localization in French, German, Japanese and simplified Chinese
- Performance improvements and fixes
New VMware Ready Devices In-Market
Another development in our Android strategy is the addition of new handsets that support Horizon Workspace that will help enterprises better support BYOD initiatives. The Samsung Galaxy S3, S4 and the Droid Razr HD by Motorola join the existing line-up of VMware Ready™ devices on the Verizon Wireless Network that currently includes the LG Intuition and Razr M by Motorola. All told, three out of the four top smartphone OEMs in the United States have VMware Ready devices in-market. They are also among the most recognizable brands globally. Stay tuned for even more handsets to come throughout the year.
iOS Device Strategy
Supporting today’s mobile workforce also means supporting Apple iOS devices. VMware has embarked on a new strategy for iOS that adds to the native MDM/MAM features that will be offered in iOS 7. Our strategy is to leverage iOS 7 to help IT administrators gain greater control, visibility and security. You can read more about VMware’s new iOS strategy by reading the blog post “VMware’s Strategy for iOS 7 and Industry Implications” by Srinivas Krishnamurti, Senior Director of Mobile Solutions."
For the complete information go to VMware's End User Computing Blog site.